Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Helpful RC Transmitter Information

A good quality RC transmitter is a radio controller's dream come true. Whether it's just a simple three channel analog unit or a sophisticated 10 channel computerized radio, we want it to carry out our commands reliably.


It is actually an extension of our hands that reaches out invisibly to direct the model wherever we want it to go.


I don't know if it's ever happened to you, but to watch in suspense as the car, boat or airplane that we've invested time and money in fails to respond and inevitably crashes is just so disheartening.


One of the very first radio control planes I bought many years ago came with it's own RC transmitter, just a 2 channel unit. The plane itself was all plastic and I had a tough time getting it to fly because it was so heavy but eventually it took to the air. But not for long because the transmitter range was so short that within minutes my little toy plane disappeared into the blue yonder!


After that experience, I made sure that I had a "real" radio with a well known brand name like Airtronics, Futaba, Hitec or JR. In fact, my current RC transmitter is a JR 652 computer radio and I love it not just for the extra bells and whistles but because of it's quality workmanship...I've never lost anymore models due to a cheap radio!!


So if you're just starting out in model airplanes, I heartily recommend the high quality 4 channel JR radios because they will do 90% of what you need without complaint such as rudder, elevator, ailerons and throttle.

No comments: